onsdag 26 september 2007

Where the fuck did the red wire go?


Spending some time with the light sensor yesterday it wouldn’t work out as we wanted. This could be explained by one of the following reasons:
1. The aurdino version we use is not equal to the version used in the tutorial.
2. The setup was arranged wrong
3. The code we entered is not equal to the script in the tutorials
4. The wrong serial port was used.

I’m not sure of how long this list really is, whatever the right solution/the problem is we are not capable to figure it out. The intuitive thought is to smash the arduino board and tell it to fuck off witch probably want work either cause that will include to establish a connection to the arduino that we do not have.

I will try to sublime my frustration with this poem I wrote:

Wire Mess Cage

Little arduino, hidden from me,
In a place that I cant see,
I cannot touch, smell, or taste
Your delicate fronds, blow in haste 

To be free
And near me
In my wire mesh cage.

You wire is black and red
Enough is said
If I manage you to work
You glow in the rain
You keep me barely sane
In my wire mess monsterbox cage

/Martin

3 kommentarer:

Kristoffer Ekman sa...

I share your frustration mate, our group also works with the Arduino board down here in Karlskrona and we're not a very techie bunch. I hope you'll manage and if I find some interesting stuff, I'll forward it to you. Happy wiring!

Kristoffer Ekman sa...

BTW, love the poem!

Hyper Island sa...

Wonderful poem and an interesting, arty and peaceful way of expressing frustration. Buddha is happy!